In April 2020, Adelaide Plains Council adopted some financial relief measures for those impacted by the COVID-19 crisis. Council has recently reviewed this arrangement and has extended the financial relief to ratepayers as follows:
- No fines or interest charged on overdue rates, from the date of application until 1 May 2021.
- Flexible rate payment arrangement options (weekly, fortnightly or monthly).
- Postponed payment of second and third quarter 2020/2021 rates (with no fines or interest) until, 1 May 2021.
Access to the financial hardship rate relief due to COVID-19 will be granted upon application. Ratepayers can make an application for financial relief by:
- Website: Using the online form below
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: (08) 8527 0200
- Attending the Mallala Principal Office or Two Wells Service Centre
Ratepayers who have previously applied for a postponement of rates until 1 November 2020 will not need to re-apply, as existing arrangements will automatically be extended until 1 May 2021.
Please contact Council’s Rates Officer on (08) 8527 0200 if you would like to discuss these options in more detail.