Adelaide Plains Council recognises and values the important role that events and festivals play within the community. Adelaide Plains Council has developed a suite of event management forms to support Council’s Event Management Policy as follows:

  • Event Application Form – Major Community Events e.g. Northern Food Bowl festival, Christmas Parades -

 Event Application Form(340 kb)

  • To support event organisers with major events Council has developed an event organiser checklist

 Event Organisers Checklist(110 kb)

  • Special Event Permit – Minor Events e.g. car boot sales, small functions

 Special Event Permit - Small Events(140 kb)

  • Stall Holder Exhibitors Permit – Third parties of a major or minor event 

 Stall Holder Exhibitors Permit(161 kb)

  • Temporary Event Food Notification Form – Community member, group or business selling food or beverage products at an event

 Temporary Event Food Notification(721 kb)

  • Community Land and Facility Use Form – Council owned assets e.g. filming, birthday parties, sausage sizzles, fundraisers, horse trails etc 

 Community Land and Facility Use Permit(1128 kb)

  • Event Risk Assessment Example and template – 

Risk Assessment example and template(147 kb)


Required Notification Periods
Promoting Your Event

If you are planning a community event and would Council support to promote the event please contact Council can assist on noticeboards at the Two Wells and Mallala Office, the communicator and on Council’s website. 


Where alcohol is to be sold, supplied or consumed, you may be required to obtain a Limited Liquor Licence under the Liquor Licensing Act 1997. Refer to Consumer and Business Services (CBS) or phone 131 882 for further details.


Food providers are required to have a Food Business Notification Number (FBN), complete a Temporary Event Food Notification Form and forward to the Environmental Health Officer. 

  • Event organisers are required to register their event with Safework SA if they are having amusements at the event. Refer to:  
  • Safework SA requires PCBU’s (Event Organisers) to complete this form for amusement structures. Please complete:

 Public Event Assessment Checklist - For Person’s Conducting Business Undertaking (PCBU’s)(46 kb)

  • SafeWork SA requires event organisers to check the SafeWork SA Certificate of Registration Number against the equipment plate on the day of the event.
  • Regular maintenance records are required.
  • Annual Inspection Certificate required for devises with platform height of over 3 metres.
Temporary Road Closures

Please contact Council Infrastructure Services Department on (08) 85270200 if you require Temporary Road Closure for the event.

Dry Zone Restrictions

Please contact the development and community services team on (08) 85270200 if you require Dry Zone Restrictions for the event.

Third Parties

Some of Council assets such as ovals and halls are leased to third parties therefore it is essential event organisers liaise and seek permission from the third parties prior to approval.

Event Management Kit

Council has developed an event management kit for event organisers. These are available from the Two Wells and Mallala Offices.

Local Community Insurance Scheme (LCIS)

Local Community Insurance Scheme visit

LCIS Brochure(160 kb)


For further information regarding event management, please contact our Customer Service Team on (08) 85270200.

Contact Us

2a Wasleys Road

PO Box 18

Mallala SA 5502