With warmer weather, snake sightings will increase throughout the district. The Adelaide Plains Council offers the following tips to keep you and your family safe in Summer.
- Leave it alone. Snakes are not likely to chase you if you let them be.
- If you see a snake inside get all humans and pets out of the room, shut the door and fill the gap underneath with a towel and call a professional snake catcher.
- If you see a snake outside, call a snake catcher if it disappears into a shed or under a vehicle.
- Remember that even little snakes have venom right form the egg.
- Stick to trails in parks and reserves
- Keep your yard clear of long grass and rubbish.
- Clean up after chooks and control rodents on your property as rats and mice are a food source for snakes.
Further Advice can be obtained from the Department of Environment, Water and Natural Resources using the following link: https://www.environment.sa.gov.au/managing-natural-resources/plants-and-animals/Living_with_wildlife/Snakes
If you require any referrals to Snake Catchers to assist you with a snake matter, please call our Friendly Customer Service Team who will provide available contact numbers.